Thursday, November 8, 2012

Gr8 Day 8- Celebr8 Life!

Life isn't counted by the breaths you take but the moments that take your life away-   I am thankful  for my life!   My life was almost taken at an early age-   

Rewind back in time... Flash back to years ago- I was just a little girl, in the car with my family, 5:30AM my dad was driving the family roadster and I was sitting on my mom's lap, strapped in (Before car seat laws).  My brother was in the back seat sleeping   When faster than the speed of light- our car hydroplaned, the car flipped, rolled, rolled and rolled 10 times down a 50 foot embankment.   

Luckily there was a truck driver that came to our aid- he witnessed the whole accident.   He pulled my family out of the car.   I was thrown from the seat belt and went through the windshield, I was flown so far they couldn't find me.  My dad & brother searched and found me in a near by field, not breathing.   The truck driver loaded us all in his Truck and called for help, this was before cell phones- an ambulance came and met us- We were transported to a local Hospital where angels swarmed...

To make a long story short, my dad & brother were lucky and came out with cuts and bruises, my mom had a broken neck, and was paralized on the right side, she spent 28 weeks in a circular bed with prongs in the side of her head that was flipped every 2 hours.   My right lung was punctured & left lung collapsed, every bone was broken in my body and my body full of abrasions.  I was in intensive care, and spent 28 weeks in an oxygen tent.  Doctors gave me two weeks to live.    

Our will to live was strong and we fooled the doctors- We truly were miracles!   Mom got all feeling back and beat any prognosis.    Soon we were both, running, dancing and singing in the rain!  

We were given a gift & we embrace every day as it is truly a gift, every day is a new gift to unwrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment