Saturday, November 17, 2012

Day 17, Planes, Trains & Automobile Thanks

 Ironic that in the Movie Planes, Trains & Automobiles Steve Martin was trying to get home for Thanksgiving, today so was I.   Good thing I left a week early or I wouldn't have made it home for turkey and stuffing.    Airplane peanuts just won't cut it.

Today I was up at 5:00AM, rushed around like a wild turkey, jumped in the mustang for Ontario Airport, stuck in endless miles of traffic, with my gal pal on GPS guiding me all the way.  

Then I am ready to strip down for my body scan- I was ready for my close up= even hoping for take home poloroid pictures.  Thought maybe I could use it for my christmas card photo.

Then I walk to my gate get in boarding line only to hear over the intercom that there is an electrical problem and the plane is grounded until further notice.   Why are we being punished ha ha!  Well we finally get on the plane- and head to Oakland, then we fly to Houston, then land in The Magic Kingdom, Orlando. 
What seems ike 3 days later, 3 times zones later.  Now I know why they call it the happiest place on earth- because by the time you travel to get here--- you are so happy to be here- that you are so happy!
Next Stop Disney World- Bring on the Mouse! 
Thankful that I could fly home to be with friends and family for thanksgiving.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment