Wednesday, November 5, 2014

1,2,3,4 Grandparents

Today November 5, (day 5)   Sending up Thanks to all the Angels looking down on Us!  They are everywhere- you may not always see them, but their beautiful hearts & wings are taking flight and wrapped around you. 

Sending thanks & giving hugs to my wonderful grandparents, I wish you were here today- I would say I love you in every way!   My Grandparents- from the Golf Course to the Kitchen Table- the memories have a hold of my heart & I cherish today & always!

First Viola... Grandma Blake, who made the sun shine brighter, hearts beat louder, and smiles grow larger.  She was tiny but mighty.  I can remember the big Italian Feasts she would feed all who entered her home.  And the lil hands that would sneak in the kitchen and eat the hot meatballs sizzling off the stove!  She would serve pasta with every meal- even Thanksgiving.

Next up Shine- short for Moonshine... My Grandpa Blake,  The Head of the table, head of the house, Golf Pro, Card Shark, NY Yankee Fan.  (Grandpa, sorry the Yankee's didn't win this Year!)  Devoted Husband & Father of Two, My dad & Aunt Teresa!   What a house!   Grandpa- I miss how every holiday meal he would sneak fresh dollar bills under our plates and we would lift our plates after we said Grace!    Lord, bless this Family & Food we are about to Eat!  AMEN.
I will always remember Thanksgiving at Grandma & Grandpa's!
A true Italian Family- We had Lotsa Rasta Pasta with our Turkey & Stuffing!

Grandpa Egbert, My mom's Dad, he raised two beautiful daughters my mom & her sister, my aunt pat!  Wow did he have a BIG JOB raising those two wild women!   Kudos to you Grandpa!  Grandpa we love you and miss you- Your life was taken too early but we honor and cherish the days you graced this planet!   I can remember your laugh, your hugs & your infectious smile!  Miss you Aunt Pat- I know you are dancing up in Heaven with Grandma & Grandpa.

Lastly my Grandma Egbert who I never had the joy & pleasure to meet, she was taken up to heaven before I was born.  But her legacy lives on in our hearts!   She was one woman I wished I had the chance to meet- I know she is truly one of a kind & I know she is dancing up in Heaven with the other angels!   Especially dancing the Charlston- her favorite Party Dance!  She was and will always be the life of the Party!   I know my mom gets that trait from her, and I know it was passed down to me as well.   So hugs to you Grandma!  Lets Dance!

I know you are looking down on us & you make my heart smile!   So My Heart, Hugs & Thanks go to you my wonderful Grandparents....
Buongiorno -( good day italian)  xoxox muah ;)

Day 5 of thanks & giving... To my wonderful Angels, My Grandparents!

No comments:

Post a Comment